Thursday 22 July 2010

Blissful



Pampering at its best, Bliss spa in London's South Kensington is the best place to scrub up in style. Coming in for a manicure and pedicure is rather like going for a petite holiday in the midst of the working week. The plush booths are rather like aircraft cubicles that swivel and turn, fitted for maximum comfort and practicality they allow oneself to totally relax. With a menu of smoothies offered on request, one can indulge in the 'orange zinger' (an organic orange carrot and ginger blend to cleanse, re-new and re-energize) or the more biblically nicknamed a 'last temptation of iced,' (a combination of banana, iced soy milk and coconut flakes) whilst getting clipped and shined.
All around counters of bliss products are stacked high, with even a sushi-style revolving counter for the manicurists to whip out their goods. But best of all though, in my personal opinion, are the glossy TV screens built into the wall playing continuous loops of episodes of Sex and the City. As I had my nails buffed and painted for the coming week of beach sand coming my way, I don't think I've ever felt more 'Carrie' in my life and after four episodes of watching Samantha screw the absolute hunk my nails were primped to perfection. LBF will be definitely back soon.

Bliss Spa London
60 Sloane Avenue
South Kensington, London SW3 3XB
020 7590 6146

Product of Choice: The only exfoliator I swear by is Bliss's Hot Salt Scrub with eucalyptus. It leaves the skin divinely smooth and smelling delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment