Saturday 6 March 2010

Rip Me Up

I’ve been obsessing recently in the divine pursuit of acquiring a real badass leather jacket. The rocker-ripped-tee-jeans-boots-tights combo is always a bold move for anyone to pull off, but a key piece is timeless. So far my wanderings have led me to All Saints, Acne, Alexander Wang, Amazon and Ebay (never underestimate the internet shopping bins, among the plethora of old record albums and PVC shorts can be found a few hidden gems. I was recently outbid for a pair of Harley Davidson ankle biker boots. They went for $30. Damn)
Anyway, I seem to live perpetually in my staple uniform of black American Apparel leggings and Jimmy Choo boots, essential items that flatter one’s assets and yet can also be paired with just about everything. But following the examples of Taylor Momsen, Pixie Geldof, Alexa Chung and Dellal, I do believe a good leather jacket is on the agenda for spring.

ALEXANDER WANG
Suede and rib-knit biker jacket
£1,140
net a porter















ELIZABETH AND JAMES
Yoshimoto moto jacket
£810
net a porter

No comments:

Post a Comment