Saturday 6 March 2010

Portobello Trails

Portobello is famous for its Saturday market, where hoards of eclectic vendors set up camp along its long, winding street in Notting Hill, selling everything from trinkets to taxidermy. I managed to roll myself out of bed and journey over, stopping along the way to coax my friend Connie (who was at home nursing a groggy hangover) to come with me for some haggling and straggling. Shuffling between crowds and fingering the vintage furs we realised our bellies were calling for food, deciding for some real British cuisine of bangers and mash at S&M down the road. It’s a small cafĂ©, perched on a slant that serves piping hot plates of hearty sausage spooling with gravy, red chequered wallpaper and stills from 60’s movies adorning its walls for a real grainy feel. It’s a perfect after-hangover cure for a feel-good date with your best friend. And who knows? Maybe you’ll see London’s Best Friend next time you go ☺
After eating like cows I bought a leather studded bag for £40 from a Moroccan shop, and Connie found herself some long chain necklaces for £15 that are perfect in accessorizing any look. Shopping is one of many addictions I have, and Portobello is the best place for getting my fix.




Look of the Day; After-Hangover Chic. " I've uhh, basically just got out of bed. My shirt was £2 from a jumble sale, my tights are from going out last night, they've got these weird holes in them- I have no idea how that happened, my shoes are Champion trainers, my top is my pyjama top, the scarf I stole from my dad and the jacket is my little brother's. There'

10 second interview with my friend Connie Greer

3 comments: