Thursday 25 February 2010

Titanium Flash





I dug up these images from a stay last summer at a friend's house in East Hampton. It was my virgin trip to the Hamptons so my experience was somewhat a muddle of new people, places and of course, things to photograph.
My three days consisted of a trip to the beach, where the water was freezing cold and looked the colour of sewage (I was later informed 'that this aint like the Mediterranean honey,') a dinner party where the host passed around packs of Marlboros and marijuana joints, and a drive through the main town where I spotted a rather disgruntled, unshaven Steven Spielberg waiting at a red light in a baseball cap. The house itself was beautiful, and the couple who invited us were gallantly hospitable enough to let me totter about the property playing with their garden sculptures, which I later discovered (thank god) floated in the pool and with their and dog, a British bulldog quizzically named 'Fat Al'. They failed to mention, however, that underneath all that fat, Al happens to be incredibly strong, thus I spent most mornings sprinting across the lawn, camera in hand, away from a charging, slobbering, heavily panting beast biting at my feet trying to run me into the pool. Fun Fact: it's apparently very common for owners to name this type of dog, Churchill.

No comments:

Post a Comment