Sunday 7 February 2010

tattoo haven


I've always loved tattoos. Whenever I'm out I like to scout out people's tats; over the years I've seen some really interesting stuff. A salesperson in Bendels New York had an artist combine all her favourite famous paintings, music and interests into one piece that she had tattooed all over her arm and across her chest. She had Van Gogh and Picasso plastered over torso, it was incredible. In Miami I met a guy who had a massive, glowing green Venus flytrap on his forearm, and another guy who had a collection of assorted 'skulls' in all different designs and formats on his legs and arms. Some of my favourite tattoos I've seen have to include the lady in Portobello with a beautiful, bright mermaid on her arm, contrasting against her pale porcelain skin, or the guy in brick lane with a swallow on his neck. I think tattoos are an intimate form of memory, something you have recorded on your body to always remind you of that person, place, or time in your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment